Tuesday, August 17, 2010


The name used to be on that page, a smudge next to the others. If you squint your eyes you can almost see it, below the suface. Almost.
I had a dream once, where my teeth began to fall out, pulverizing as they hit the page. I circled the marks with a black marker pen. In my dreams i can almost visualise the marks. Almost.
I have finally surrendered. You cannot see the marks, they're gone- a memory wiped clean. I can almost remember the name, it's roots firmly dug into the cavities of my mind, i can almost remember. Almost.

2 comments:

  1. oh millie, this is beautiful. so beautiful. that is the least I can say, really, I am speechless.
    &thank-you for your comment, it made me smile. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you, so. This is more beautiful than words can describe. You are wonderful, Millie. Wonderful, a delicate balance of light and dark. xx

    ReplyDelete