Monday, May 10, 2010

I wander aimlessly around the forest, darkness is descending, billowing in front of my eyes. Familiar trees, rocks paths are becoming common. I'm lost. My goosepimpled flesh cries out for warmth, but the feeling in my stomach is telling me to carry on. I take rest below an oak tree, it's motherly branches cradle my frozen body. I shiver goodnight to nature.
I wake, a faint weeping beckons to be investigated. My bare feet have become accustomed to the earth, feeling like one. "help me" i hear the voice cry, longing to find the hidden creature. Suddenly, i notice an unusual sight to behold. An arch, but beyond i can feel the darkness- enough to scare a grown human, i am intrigued and the faint cry becomes a crescendo as i slowly stalk my way towards it.

As i enter, i feel drained, but alive. The ice-cold air strips my lungs of air. I walk deeper into the darkness, falling if you will. They say the path to death is full of wandering souls. They are correct, they mock me- acknowledging my incorrect decision. Their hands are whispy smoke which disintegrate as they grab for the remainder of my life.


I stalk deep into the darkness, where i am faced with a challenge, the labryinth. I've had this dream before. I lay in the dirt creating a bed of soil, waiting to commence the screaming, as i wake up in my bed. I lay there. nothing. I get up to wander my dream, but i feel my body disintegrating as the gust of wind carries the particles into the air. Darkness is descending, billowing in front of my eyes.
PS. I would like to thank Maz from the little letterbox girl for inspiring me with her formspring question.
PPS. And thank you Maz again, for the award!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow.
    This is amazing.
    Congrats on your award.


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haunting in such a beautiful way. Your blog is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful little story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow. such an amazing little story. your words are so lovely. it's such a pleasure to meet you, mille, i'm elly.
    also, thank you so much for the kind words you left me!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredible, love. I've absolutely no words to say, so I won't even try to adorn them with anything but the naked truth: you are beautiful♥
    xoxo olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh millie. i am so happy to have inspired you, i feel so honoured. what a beautiful post <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible. With just a few words and some hauntingly beautiful photographs, you painted an entire kingdom on the inside of my skull. Magic.

    ReplyDelete