Tuesday, May 4, 2010

via weheartit
i stumble, i fall. i stumble, i fall. My heart clangs, a time bomb in my chest, "boomboomboom" I hear it in my ears. My feet are numb now, too many nights i chase around the labyrinth, trying to find you, trying to escape. It's getting colder now, ice ballerinas dance in front of my face. Just give me a sign, my mind is swirling- i can feel your presence, your eyes poring into the back of my neck. I turn the corner, i stumble, i fall.

Your arms clenched around my shoulders like a vice, as bells rang in my ears. I stopped screaming, delighted you were there with me. "You're safe." You walked away, you stumbled, you fell. rivers flow, my life keeps on going. Forever seventeen.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. i follow you on formspring and i saw what you wrote about your brother. after reading that, i read this post, and it just breaks my heart, it's so moving. "ice ballerinas dance in front of my face", this is wonderful, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Forever seventeen" is my favourite line. This is lovely, it really pulls you in from the very first line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, your blog dear is so, so lovely. your words are so full of emotion, 'My feet are numb now, too many nights i chase around the labyrinth, trying to find you, trying to escape' this part is especially moving, i do hope everything is okay dear ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete